Monday, June 2, 2014

Quilt With No Guilt - June Linky Party

It's here! It's time! The very first Quilt With No Guilt linky party. Woohoo!

Where Jane Creates

I've been very quiet the last few weeks, as I've been letting myself just do what I want, when I want. It's been good, very therapeutic.

I have been plodding away on my EPP Diamond Stars project... I find English Paper Piecing so relaxing. And I've discovered that I can sit in my weekly two hour planning meeting at work, baste a heap of diamonds and not be tempted by all the food we always have on the table. Obviously, following pics are not at said work meeting, but it is also very relaxing to hand stitch in bed. Man, this cat can photo bomb!



I stopped quilting for a couple of weeks when the urge to scrapbook hit. And in the theme of doing what I want, I didn't feel the obligation to catch up on Project Life first. Instead, I completed a bunch of pages in chronological order and completed two more albums in the process - go me!


I continued to work on my Wombat Stew blocks - I was Queen back in March and my quilt top is nearly ready to go, just waiting on two more blocks. For international readers, Smiggle is an Australian stationery store that every young kid I know loves. My girls are addicted. They very cleverly design their ranges in 'Colour Crews' so you can choose your favourite colour. I decided this would translate well into quilt blocks. Here's a sneaky peek...


Since my mum is visiting soon I decided I'd better get a move on with the quilt I promised her a while ago. It's a black and white log cabin and I decided to do it QAYG. It went together so fast! I now have a stack of blocks waiting for her input on the layout options. Two photo bombers this time.


I have signed on for the 2014 Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop over at Plum & June and I'm super excited about that. There have been emails flying and I'm learning a lot. But best of all, I've made some new quilty friends. A call went out about Round Robin quilts and a group of Australian and New Zealand bloggers decided to form our own group - we'll be doing a modern improv round robin or Travelling Quilt and I'm so excited. I've been wanting to do one of these for soooo long and I'm really glad I've taken up the opportunity, even if it will mean a little more work. So far, I have a fabric pull.


So that's where I'm at. Lots of things going on, but it's all good. So good to not feel that pressure to finish things up. Except for hemming my husband's new pants. Must do that.

How is it in your part of the quiltosphere? Please, come link up with what you're doing to make your quilting (or whatever kind of crafting is filling your soul with joy right now) FUN!! There doesn't have to be a specific finish or a single work in progress. You can talk about your current projects, your plans, even your feelings about quilting. And this linky will be open all month so you can stop in anytime to post or to see what others are posting about. 

Without imposing too many rules, it's nice to go visit other guilt free quilters too, so go visiting too. My goal is this becomes a community where we can celebrate the joy of quilting together, without worrying about deadlines and other stressors.  


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! I'm a serious multi-crafter (sewing/quilting, knitting/crocheting, AND scrapbooking). I find it hard to concentrate on one project at a time. I'm so far behind in my Project Life, it'll take me until the end of the year to catch up!! Lol. I'll definitely be linking up this month!!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a lot of testing, testing, testing at the moment ... love it, but not the deadlines lol. Love your two photo-bombers and looking forward to sewing a long with you in the Round Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I linked up, as I love the idea of Quilt with No Guilt--yay!! I love the Smiggles quilt--anything with color catches my eye. You are one busy lady!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun link up party idea! I am going to have link up with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the look of the black and white log cabin, I recently made a black and whitewall hanging and love how well it turned out, black and white do make something/anything really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found your blog through Instagram. The idea for a Smiggle quilt is great. My kids love the shop too. It will be a very vibrant quilt.

    ReplyDelete